Spanish Immersion Homestay
For a wonderful experience in Cuenca, Ecuador at an exceptionally affordable price, we are happy to recommend Lorell Stewart and her Spanish Immersion Homestay program. Lorell is fluent in Spanish and has formulated a successful method of teaching people what they need to know to feel confident in their ability to quickly and effectively communicate in Spanish. Now living in Cuenca for several years, Lorell has opened her beautiful Condo to be your home away from home where you can come and enjoy an introduction into the Spanish language plus the beautiful attractions of the city with Lorell as your hostess.
Your Spanish Immersion Homestay Includes:
- Your private room in a brand new condo, complete with its own ultra-modern bathroom and shower.
- One and a half hours of Spanish class, 5 days per week, whether relaxing at home or joining your host around town.
- Free Wifi
- Walking distance to the areas best Mall and to many local restaurant favorites
- Ample space for your selection of groceries in a large new GE refrigerator.
- Full use of the modern, gourmet kitchen.
- The most incredible view of the entire Cuenca valley
- An underground parking space should you choose to rent a car
All this is yours for the incredible value of $45 per day – whether for a single or couple!
As a member of the Cuenca Spanish Club, you will be welcomed by a friendly and knowledgeable group of English-speaking expats who have made Cuenca their new home. At get-togethers with the Club, you’ll relax and make new friends as you practice your new Spanish speaking skill, and hear from others about life in this beautiful and diverse country of Ecuador.
Before deciding upon a Spanish Immersion Homestay, please consider:
- What are your goals in learning to speak the language?
- Are you a visual learner? An Auditory learner? Do you learn by “doing” (a kinetic learner)?
- Do you learn best by yourself or in a group?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- Are you interested in the prospect of living in Cuenca (or elsewhere in Ecuador)?
So come on and explore Cuenca with Lorell while staying in your home away from home and learning basic Spanish. Tailor made visits can also be arranged to suit your needs. This is a great way to explore Cuenca for the first time.
Although the Spanish Immersion Homestay is available on a long-term basis, we highly recommend that this program becomes your initial entry to life in Cuenca, for a duration of one to two weeks only. Happy clients have found that the program is a “gentle introduction”, and gives them the confidence to move forward with their own personal “next steps”, which could include options such as living full-time with an Ecuadorian family, renting or buying their own apartment, building their own home, moving out to the countryside, and/or even starting their own business. In addition, our clients soon recognize that they are well prepared for more formal Spanish classes, and are able to choose among the many excellent Spanish schools in Cuenca.